1. Why the bin men leave my bin half way down the road is a mystery to me. Their head office issued the instruction that they were to be returned from whence they came which to the men means half way down the road.
2. As a child I was always told to ‘act your age’. I gave up trying a few years ago.
3. Charlie the cat has developed a liking for the new ‘soups’ now made specially for cats.
4. Laptop died on me but came alive when an expert repair man came. What a fool I felt when he switched on and found nothing wrong. He didn’t charge me for wasting his time.
5. Wondering what it would be like to go on a hike! Hiking was something we all did but age is now a preventative for such pleasures.
6. After three/four years living with me Charlie is still nervous of sudden moves and new people.
7. Molly Maid still does my housework. The ladies do the heavier work and I do the rest. Fortunately, they don’t leave much for me to tackle.
8. How time flies. In case you forgot, it will soon be Christmas.
9. Cottage pie for lunch today, I love it so much I could eat it every day.
10. Had a man in the house the other day. Well, someone has to repair things when they go wrong.