Friends

02 February 2018

Amazon saves the sanity


Q. What have I done today.
A. Not a lot.

Well, I made the bed, had breakfast, washed plates and mugs and Charlie’s feeding bowls, heated and ate a ready-made Shepherd’s Pie and washed up again, then took in a parcel from Amazon.

Yes, it’s a Black and Decker tool with which to gather all the lose particles that escape from Charlie’s litter tray. It was getting too difficult to remove from an oldish indoor carpet even though that carpet was protected by newspapers and part of an old shower curtain. I really thought the papers would collect the stuff and save me having to keep getting on my knees. Ha, who did I think I was kidding?

Trouble is, the tray usually sits outside in the outhouse but has been brought in because of the extremely cold weather which puts both Charlie and me off venturing outside the kitchen door. I used to leave a window open so that he could get at the cat flap in the outer garden door but the weather has been too cold for open windows. Instead, I allowed him to use the tray indoors. The room was once Joe’s office but is now classed as Charlie’s room. Because the room can be shut off if necessary I don’t feel bad about turning it over to him. Of course, he has access to all other rooms, I mean – where would I be without his company. Since the weather has been so cold even I don’t want to venture too far from the fire. The central heating works and is okay but it has struggled to warm the house with our recent spell of fierce winds and ice cold snow. I am not sure if it’s me getting older and feeling the cold more or that the weather really is freezing cold. I suppose I will never work that out.

I’m hoping for some warmer weather so I can get out on the scooter. The weather is definitely against my trying to manoeuvre a scooter up hill and down dale. Never mind, I will soon be able to go out and show off. I hope! 

14 comments:

  1. Oh do I know about cat messes. Miss Kitty goes in her room and throws cat sand around with wreckless abandon, it's always a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be a list maker, getting satisfaction from seeing my chores for the day marked off. Chores like wash jeans, paint bathroom trim, vacuum the house, etc. Now, I don't bother to write them down. I list them mentally. Get up, eat breakfast, take pills, brush hair, etc. It all seems to be as laborious as my chores from long ago. I had to smile when I read your list.
    Isn't it just a bushel of giggles getting old?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, I smiled when I read your list. I used to list my jobs but it made me feel too depressed. Not much different now lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, don't I know it - hence the new acquisition. It has already saved my sanity lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't cold today, even with the heating on it's bloomin' cold. I spent the day with workman in my house then picked up my older daughter from the station, she's back from uni for a a day to help me celebrate my birthday. And tonight I'm working.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scooter weather is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday. I have rads and fires and am still cold and I dread the bills! Hope your birthday celebration warmed you up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cold weather can sure change your way of doing things, and with Amazon offering almost anything that you need, getting out and about can be delayed until the weather is nice.

    I get cold easier than usual myself, so like you I'll stay close to the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charlie is one lucky cat. Glad you two are there for each other. Hope the weather warms up for you soon. We are setting record highs this year. Take care, Val.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Valerie, it's so ironic because when I had my two cats, I too had a Black and Decker Dust Buster, much like the one pictured. And it came in VERY handy because my cats were indoor cats; therefore, I had a cat tray in my apartment that would get very messy at times because of TWO cats using it. I used to keep the vacuum close to their tray so that I could used it quickly to keep up with the messy litter.

    It's been VERY cold here too. In fact, this weekend we're getting more snow and gusty winds.

    Stay warm, my friend. Wishing you and Charlie a cozy, comfy weekend!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had forgotten about how messy cats were until I started pet sitting at one house. Two cats and a large tote half full of litter. They track so much throughout the entire house. That kind of squashed my enthusiasm for another cat of my own. Hope your little vac does the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jimmy, it is even colder today and as I type it is hailing big lumps of ice. Can't wait for some spring weather.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning, Ron. I remember you telling us about your cats. I wonder if two were company for you or each other. Charlie's room is better now that I have the B&D gadget. I don't know why it took me so long to think of it. Yes, it's cold here .... as I type huge lumps of ice are invading my area. I can do without winter.

    ReplyDelete
  14. kden, fortunately the litter is easy to control, especially now I have the new gadget. Some humans made things difficult for themselves, don't they?

    ReplyDelete

If you're new to A Mixed Bag you might find something to interest you, a bit of mirth, a story or two, or some pictures. I'm so pleased you popped in, do leave a comment if you have time.