Friends

21 February 2018

Sending cards on-line


HI FOLKS. I MEANT TO REPLY BEFORE THIS NEXT POST TOOK OVER BUT I GOT IT WRONG. 
YOUR IDEAS ON THE 'GUESS WHO OR WHAT' PICTURE (immediately before this new post) WERE
ALL GOOD... I THOUGHT IT WAS A NUN BUT COULD SEE THE OTHER SUGGESTIONS YOU GAVE. 
IT WAS DEFINITELY A BIT OF FUN.  OK... MOVING ON:

Jacquie Lawson e-cards


Acknowledging birthdays and Christmas with a lovely card gets to be a problem when the weather causes difficulty in getting out of the house to post it. Recently this has happened a lot so, out of necessity I went back to my old favourite way of acknowledging a friend’s birthday, i.e. send a Jackie Lawson card which is done on line. No need to go out to do that!  

You have probably heard of her on-line company but for those who have yet to find her go take a look here www.jacquielawson.com. I would love to publish an example but don’t know how. Maybe the heading above will give you an idea.

I have chosen this way to send ‘cards’ for several years and although you pay a small yearly fee it is cheaper than buying just one card and the necessary postage stamps. Don’t misunderstand me, I like paper cards that can be kept by the recipient for ever and a day, but so can Jackie Lawson’s offerings - unless your computer breaks down.

The variety is amazing, to suit men, women, and children, and if you’re a pet lover there’s no end of comic dogs and cats getting up to all sorts, to smile at and utter the inevitable aaah!

12 comments:

  1. Hope you'll have fun with the site. It looks like they have a great selection.

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen cards by her site before, they are all very nice and well done, classy is an understatement in describing them because a lot more than just class is involved, they are an excellent choice for cards sent on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WONDERFUL post about Jackie Lawson on-line cards, Valerie! And like you shared, the variety is amazing! It's truly the best e-card company on the Internet. I send a lot of on-line cards as well. I have a few different companies I use, but I'll have to add Jackie Lawson to my list. You're right, for the small yearly it's so worth it because it's so much less than paper cards and postage. Too, what I especially like about e-cards is that you can view them over and over again!

    Thanks for sharing, my friend. Have a grrrrreat Wednesday!

    X to you and Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jimmy, this way of sending cards is better for me since I can no longer get out to do shopping, plus the fact that it is cheaper.... and more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ron. I guess all cards are interesting. Thus one was the first I found when I started sending cards on line so I stuck with it..

    I didn't mean this post to go on today, duh! I was going to comment on the comments on the lifelike tissue! Oh well, I guess I still can!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get these cards occasionally but am afraid to open them. Hackers are too clever at finding ways to get me to click something so I have a rule to almost never open a site from email unless it is something from someone that I expect.

    Fool me once...
    Fortunately all I lost were poker chips from an on-line game I no longer play.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My cousin in Idaho sends her cards on all major occasions. The are wonderful animations which always bring pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards. I am sure they give a lot of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use this site as well. It reduces the guilt of forgetting a birthday, etc. Glad you are enjoying it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well thanks for the tip, Val. I think I might have to talk to Mrs. Shife about taking this approach because we are pretty awful about getting the traditional cards in the mail. And it's a little more charming than sending a text message. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love her cards, it's almost like a mini movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. kden, they certainly are. I bet, like me, you like the doggy ones

    ReplyDelete

If you're new to A Mixed Bag you might find something to interest you, a bit of mirth, a story or two, or some pictures. I'm so pleased you popped in, do leave a comment if you have time.