Friends

19 January 2012

Frankie


Recently I was moved by the courage and determination of one man. A man known as Frankie.

Many years ago I was in the position of needing the faith and fortitude to walk again after suffering a serious burns accident so I understand what this man went through at the time of his accident. Except that my experience was not half as bad and the after effects not nearly so traumatic.

I know many friends will have read about him on Ron's blog but there are others who won't have had the opportunity. Please accept Ron's invitation to read his interview with Frankie. It does the heart good to hear of people like him who had the resolve to overcome major difficulties and come out smiling. Here's the link again, it's well worth a visit Ron's Blog



16 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this post Valerie, it's very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valerie, my dear friend....thank you SO MUCH for sharing Frankie's interview!

    " It does the heart good to hear of people like him who had the resolve to overcome major difficulties and come out smiling."

    You're so right. And I can honestly say that after meeting him, I've changed somehow. Everyone who meets Frankie, whether online or offline is truly inspired.

    Thanks again, Valerie!

    ((((( You )))))

    Have a super weekend!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did read this on Ron's blog. Remarkable story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to go check it out....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Ron. I like Frankie's smile... as well as his style. It must be good to know him in real life. Thank you for sharing him with us.

    Pearl, I guessed you would have seen Ron's post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have indeed had the pleasure of reading about Frankie on Ron's blog, and I also watched the 'day in the life' video he made. What an amazing guy he is!! A true inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Thanks Val for sharing. He is an inspiring person and great to hear how positive he is. My sister is paralyzed and has taken quite the opposite approach to life that Frankie has. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This young man is an inspiration, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK Val, just for you...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mr.V, thank you for visiting Ron's blog and reading the interview with Frankie. Isn't he truly inspirational?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Indeed he is. Told him so too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm excited to go and read his story. Thanks Val!

    ReplyDelete

If you're new to A Mixed Bag you might find something to interest you, a bit of mirth, a story or two, or some pictures. I'm so pleased you popped in, do leave a comment if you have time.