1. Letters don’t normally come on Sundays, but it took several hours for me to realise it was Saturday.
2. Charlie the cat has decided that my desk is the best place to take a nap. Perhaps he’s after the mouse!
3. My window cleaner has a knack of knowing when the weather will stay fine.
4. Switched grocery supplier. The old one didn’t seem to understand English!
5. Thank goodness the clock changes are upon us! I much prefer lighter mornings.
6. I only like cold mornings if I can stay in bed an extra hour.
7. Charlie didn’t like the fireworks but I enjoyed him snuggling up to me and hiding his ears on a cushion.
8. Hearing their three-year-old son crying very loud, his parents rushed into the room to see what was wrong. The boy had swallowed a penny and was convinced he was going to die. Nothing his parents could say would convince him otherwise. Finally, the father palmed a penny that was half hidden in a sheet, rubbed his son’s stomach and pretended to pull the penny out of his ear. The little lad started smiling when he saw the penny, though he quickly snatched it out of his father’s hand, swallowed it and said ‘Do it again, Dad!’
9. Have disposed of pampas plumes, now all I have to do is cut back the knife-edged leaves. Wishing we’d never planted the damn thing.
10 I would have thought Chicken Tikka was too spicy for a cat but Charlie begs for bits of it when I’m eating. Obviously, I don’t give him huge lumps, I mean it’s really for me not him.