Friends

28 March 2012

Jigsaw crazy

I have always been a jigsaw addict but problems with the neck put an end to the happy hours spent completing them. I would whiz through a thousand pieces in no time which meant I needed to move on to something more complicated. So I ended up solving puzzles without a guiding picture or those where you had to solve a written clue before the picture could be completed. I loved it. But, as I said, neck problems brought the whole thing to an end. However, not to be beaten, I have discovered jigsaws for iPad. It is my latest craze. They are naturally smaller, a mere 208 pieces, but I love doing them. Here are a few completed ones, I decided NOT to show them all...grins.

First up, a galloping horse, followed by a snow scene

And a couple of well knowns: Buckingham Palace and the Statue of Liberty



10 comments:

faye said...

Fantastic idea... I didn't know
jigsaws were available for the ipad..
haven't worked on one in years..
I do like the crosswords on ipad..
and WORD WELDER is a new app that is slightly different ..you might like it.

The weekend for me... hope yours
is happy too !!!

Valerie said...

I'll look up crosswords for iPad, Faye. I have one on the phone but I get exasperated with having to switch pages to read clues/fill in grid. Word Welder sounds interesting. Have a good weekend.

Akelamalu said...

Glad to hear you can still pursue your hobby. :)

Ron said...

Valerie, these are faaaaaaabulous!

And being someone who does not own a cell phone, I had no idea you could actually get apps. for puzzles. Who knew?!?!

I adore jigsaw puzzles too. In fact, I had a dear friend in Florida who she and I would get together sometimes in the evenings and do puzzles. The thing I enjoy about putting puzzles together is that it's almost meditative.

I find them very calming.

Happy Thursday, dear lady!

X

Montanagirl said...

I used to love doing jigsaws! For the iPad??? What will they think of next. I'll have to tell my daughter - she and her hubs each have an iPad. I may have to get one. I have a mini hp laptop, but don't like it much - plus it has to have the dreaded Norton Anti-Virus on it. I quit using it...might buy an iPad. LOL

Valerie said...

Pearl, I have to have something to do in the evening...lol.

Mona, it is amazing what we can do with our technical gadgets. I bought a netbook for office use to save carting the laptop ... didn't get on with it at all. It's useless if a lot of typing is needed. I won't mention the dreaded Norton ... don't want to depress you.

Oooh, Ron, I couldn't manage without my cell phone. You're right about the puzzles being meditative... I've solved the world's problems while doing mine - or so it seemed.

An English Shepherd said...

What a great idea !

Don't unplug your hub. said...

Very nice pics Valerie. What is an ipad?

HermanTurnip said...

I'm big on crosswords, but picture puzzles quickly lead me down the road to madness. You have a calmer constitution than I, that's for sure! Heh...

septembermom said...

That's awesome! Now I need to get an Ipad for sure. Enjoy Valerie!