Friends

25 December 2009

Christmas Festivities

Christmas for me includes a wedding anniversary, just two days before Christmas Day. These flowers were sent via Interflora as ordered by my stepdaughter in Australia. Aren't they beautiful?
The wine tasted good, too, and the chocolates were divine.

These were the weather conditions

and this was what it was like on Christmas Day

as we drove to this hotel for lunch...

to see

A few couples go to this hotel every year and
it seems as if we know each other really well.

This was the novelty in my Christmas cracker.
I'll never work it out!

Dinner was fantastic and I wish I'd thought to get a shot or two,
but the puds were delicious so I snapped mine before I tucked in. It was sherry trifle like I've never tasted before.

Afterwards we drove home as the sun began to set







8 comments:

  1. That was some trifle, by the look of it! Yum.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful time.

    A very Merry Christmas to you.

    Wizz :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The flowers...the photos...the sentiments...all beautiful. It sounds like you had a very lovely anniversary, Val...and I'm so happy that your stepdaughter sent these lovely (and VERY thoughtful and beautiful gifts!)
    I'm getting bigger just looking at that truffle... It looks delicious.
    Thank you for sharing the photos that you took of the wine, the chocolates, the card.
    And....you got snow on Christmas! I'm jealous!
    Merry Christmas, Val.
    Smiles and hugs from Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderfully festive val! hope you had a great anniversary and holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a perfect day, Val! the flowers are lovely. We have something in common, being Christmas brides, because our wedding anniversary is 2 days after Christmas! Kath

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the trifle looks delicious and England is so green, we are so white here and will be for a while yet.....Your Chirstmas Day sounds lovely......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Val, Happy Anniversary....how wonderful to celebrate it near Christmas, now that must of been a very busy year for you...Love you.
    .....:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flowers, I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you're new to A Mixed Bag you might find something to interest you, a bit of mirth, a story or two, or some pictures. I'm so pleased you popped in, do leave a comment if you have time.