Friends

13 July 2011

You know it

This has been going the rounds for a while and now it's my turn to post it.
!!

You know it's 2011 when:

1. You accidentally enter your PIN on the microwave.

2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.

3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.

4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.

5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.

6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.

7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.

8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't even have the first 20, 30, or 60 years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.

10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.

11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile :-)

12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.

13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.

14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.

15. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list

12 comments:

  1. Hi Valerie,

    Lovely header photo.

    The points mentioned in the list are very true.Times have changed,living styles have changed, gadgets we use have changed. What we know today becomes obsolete in a few months time and we have to learn new things to get on with our lives. I could never have imagined I could be writing this comment in your blog ten years back. Life has become easier, knowledge is available at our finger tips and we have more leisure time at our disposal. How we spend it is our own look out.

    There is plenty of humor in your post. I enjoyed reading this.

    Best wishes,
    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spot on! LOL. Especially No. 10...

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha your pin on the microwave...lol....yep 9, is that still a number

    ReplyDelete
  4. "14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list."

    Bwhahahahahhahahahaha...yes, that's EXACTLY what happened to me!!!!

    Valerie, this was FLAWLESS! And yes, I was nodding my head and laughing through the whole thing!

    ":1. You accidentally enter your PIN on the microwave"

    Bwhahahahahaahahahaha!

    And funny you mentioned playing solitare sans real cards, because I just recently played a few rounds on my computer!

    GREAT post, dear lady. Thanks for the wonderful morning laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm scared..... it's all true! :0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heehee I'm glad you all found it as funny - and true - as I did. Own up the one who didn't go back and check on No.9 ...sideways smile...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got me on every point - and I scrolled back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always take a bottle of water with me wherever I go these days. How did I manage previously. Oh yes public drinking fountains. Yuk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HaHaHa. This is soooo true! I got by for many years without a computer, OR a cell phone. What's this world coming to??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny.. I didn't have to scroll back to check on
    # 9 .... Only because I read this on the Ipad and the
    entire list was visible without scrolling ...

    Another smile inducing post from 'OUR VAL'

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, me too! I scrolled back!

    I don't even know my kids phone numbers because they are programed into my phone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! Very true. The world we are in :)

    ReplyDelete

If you're new to A Mixed Bag you might find something to interest you, a bit of mirth, a story or two, or some pictures. I'm so pleased you popped in, do leave a comment if you have time.