1. Minding a car for a neighbour. It’s on my drive and I keep getting that ‘I wish’ feeling. The car is for a neighbour’s daughter but his car takes up his only space – hence an appeal for my assistance.
2. Ever heard the old saying ‘Wind, wind, go away, come on back another day? Well, I would like to insert the word NEVER, since we’re all sick of it.
3. I like long hair but ladies on cookery programmes should NOT leave their locks flowing all over the food.
4. Whoops, neighbour’s daughter doesn’t want the car. Neighbour has engaged a family member to take photographs prior to advertising the car for sale.
5. Recent two day spell of sunshine now replaced by more rain. Oh well, mustn’t grumble!
6. New neighbours opposite. Today the man of the house was cleaning windows. I called a greeting today but was ignored. Only later did I notice his earphones so presume he was engrossed with music while he worked.
7. Two phone calls on separate days to tell me my Internet has a problem and I should discuss it by pressing 1. There was a slight blip when I first logged on line but it cleared in a few seconds. I didn’t press 1. Second call, a few days later, gave the same feeling that it was another scam, and the Internet was fine for the rest of the day and beyond. Both callers were women, perhaps they should concentrate on peeling spuds!
8. How many of you had the job of podding peas when you were young and, if so, did you eat them faster than you could pod them, and did your parents guess what you were up to? Personally, I preferred them raw!
9. The car mentioned above is still on my drive. The daughter didn’t want it so now it’s awaiting a sale. Wish they would hurry up.
10. Early birthday present, a lovely table lamp, but no bulb. Couldn’t even guess what bulb required. Helpful neighbours sorted it and shopped for bulb. How’s that for GREAT neighbours?