1. Was awakened by my crying cat who was stuck in a room. He had tried so hard to open the door he lifted the carpet which only made matters worse. Had to send for the neighbours who hurried round and cut a square out of the carpet. It did the job, but I now have to replace the carpet. Poor Charlie, no wonder he looked scared.
2. I always close all doors, so I am wondering why I forgot last night.
3. Carpet fitter booked. Seemed like I had to wait a whole year.
4. Gee, I didn’t realise I had so much stuff in the welsh dresser, jigsaw puzzles galore, not to mention everything to do with my writing which took over all the shelves. Looks like a bonfire is due!
5. Jigsaws gone to charity. Can no longer bend over to do the damn things.
6. Shifting furniture in my bungalow is a nightmare. I knew we should have bought a bigger house!
7. Hairdresser comes to the house now. Never heard such a chatterbox, she quite wears me out!
8. Still hauling stuff out of the room, hoping carpet fitters will help with heavier stuff.
9. Room looks nice with its new carpet, but I am besieged with worry about where everything is. I can’t seem to find anything.
10. Most common thing to lose is my walking stick. Heehee, bet you didn’t know I used one! You should hear me ranting when the stick goes missing!