1. When nothing happens there is nothing to talk about?
2. Charlie the cat woke me this morning, licked my cheek and meowed. It wasn’t until I got up that I knew why. He wanted to show off his latest capture. A frog. Fortunately for me it was dead, otherwise I would have been leaping about trying to catch it.
3. Silence is golden but thank goodness for radios, phones, and TVs.
4. Local shop runs out of tissue. Thank goodness I use linen handkerchiefs.
5. Son rings regularly now. He and his partner take it in turns. I like it when the girl friend rings because our conversations are good.
6. Am trying to write a new story but I’m not in the right mood.
7. Postman left a tiny parcel…. inside was a mask. Nobody can call me two-faced!!
8. Whoever said silence is golden should come and live here.
9. When nothing happens there’s nothing to talk about!
10. Nothing has happened! At this rate I shall lose the art of conversation.