Friends

04 May 2012

Medinilla Magnifica


(Picture courtesy http://medinilla.ca/

Seen at the local garden centre - isn't this an unusual plant? 

Medinilla Magnifica. 

According to information obtained from the Internet the Medinilla Magnifica is the newest exclusive plant in North America and is proving to be the best new upcoming plant with amazing exotic flowers blooming several times and easy care requirements.

I have never heard of it before but I think it's beautiful.

The flower looks almost too heavy for the plant although I reckon it's sturdy enough. 
If I had somewhere to keep it I would have bought it there and then. I'm still tempted to go back and make a purchase. If I rearrange things in the home I might just find a place for it.

Has anyone seen or owned one of these?

Below are the pictures I took. 




12 comments:

  1. i have not but that looks very cool....will have to check at our garden center and see if they have them....very pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never seen one before, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian, I've looked in shops and other garden centres but this is the only one I've seen. Hope you have some luck.

    Pearl, it is beautiful. The plant would need to be in a special place because of the hanging blooms so I'm still undecided about buying one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen this plant in garden magazines and on garden shows. It is very popular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen this either.. I like it, shame that the flower hangs so low though, it's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Martha, as the pictures prove, a pedestal is definitely needed. Nice in a light corner somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, Valerie, I've never seen a flower like this one, but I have to say...it's absolutely STUNNING!

    " and easy care requirements."

    Sounds like MY kinda plant because I do not have a green thumb. I either over-water them, or FORGET to water them. The only thing I've ever been able to keep alive for a few years was a lavender plant. And what's odd, is that lavender is a very hard herb/flower to keep.

    Have a wonderful weekend, dear lady!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never seen one of these !! It's very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the looks of that plant but I am afraid that lovely looking flower would be dead inside of 6 months under my control. I don't have a strong track record with keeping plants alive. Good luck if you get one Vale.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not seen THIS particular plant, but it reminds me of another one that has smaller blossoms. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of it! This one IS quite spectacular, though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This plant is becoming endangered already on some forests here in the Philippines.But i have two species of this plant.I will upload the picture from our garden.so that you can appreciate the beauty of this medinilla magnifica and medinilla myriantha .its really an eye catching flower,very elegant for landscaping purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

If you're new to A Mixed Bag you might find something to interest you, a bit of mirth, a story or two, or some pictures. I'm so pleased you popped in, do leave a comment if you have time.